Someone is patenting our ideas!

Started by phil (admin), January 20, 2019, 02:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Bellis

FWIW - I've sent some feedback to Home Depot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn04gl32hacz95l/HD-feedback.png

Mikoturos

Eleven months after Kelly Bellis' response prior to this, and I happened to stumble across that DusTopper device while looking for other parts on the Home Depot site.  This matter still pisses me off!

Phil, are you still around?  Has there been any progress (in any direction) on this matter?
Do you need donations for legal fees?

--Mik

phil (admin)

I'm here but nothing to report, I have no idea what the status of his patent may be.

dbhost

@Phil

Sorry I have been out so long. Life happened ya know...

I am so sorry to hear that some jacknut is stealing your generously shared idea.

I'm no lawyer or anything like that, nor did I spend the night in a Holiday In Express, but if there is anything I can do to help with this issue. please let me know.

phil (admin)

Quote from: dbhost on November 16, 2021, 11:55:40 AM
@Phil

Sorry I have been out so long. Life happened ya know...

I am so sorry to hear that some jacknut is stealing your generously shared idea.

I'm no lawyer or anything like that, nor did I spend the night in a Holiday In Express, but if there is anything I can do to help with this issue. please let me know.

Wow, nice to hear from you.

Nothing much to do I guess.  I don't know what this guys application status is, I do know several reached-out to the patent office to object.

Hope you're doing well.

dbhost

If you see my post on lumberjocks, but long story short. I hit a pretty severe rough patch. Coming back from it now...  Trying to get things going the right way again...

phil (admin)

That one also says patent pending.

Huh.

bh672

Coming very late to this, and so may no longer be relevant. There is an enormous amount of IP (current and now in public domain) related to separation techniques that has come out of the pulp and paper industry. It would very much surprise me that any ideas discussed here would not be rejected due to prior art. However, a design patent (vs utility) could be pursued - that's like a recipe though, change one little element and there would not be infringement.